For the holidays we decided to bake some tasty treats to send to our clients. One of the many benefits of working with Digital Operative. Since there have been some requests for the recipe on twitter, I decided to post this blog so all those interested could have it.
For all of you in the closet bakers, I present to you a recipe that creates a tasty, scrumptious, mouth-watering treat! Well, maybe it’s not mouth-watering, but it’s good and it’s a great energy boost during those long hours of work at the computer. Here goes…
- 1cup Sugar
- 1/3cup vegetable oil
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2cups flour
- 6 oz Chocolate chip morsels
- 6 oz white chocolate chips morsels
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Get your fancy mixer out of the cabinet.
- Put sugar, oil, vanilla in a bowl and beat while adding the eggs in one at a time. Beat for a minute or so on medium.
- Add baking powder, salt and slowly mix in the flour until it’s a sticky dough .
- Add the morsels and mix them in.
- Place some parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Lay the dough out in log shapes not too thick, but not too thin either.
- Bake for about 30 minutes while you go back to your computer do some computer stuff/twitter until lightly brown
- Take out of oven and cut them horizontally and spread the pieces out on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the tops
- Put bake in oven at 210 degrees for another 30 min.
Make yourself useful and partake in some social media until they’re a shade darker and crispy. Check every 15 min to make sure they’re not burning. Every oven is different!