Digital Operative is looking for a highly motivated E-Commerce Project Coordinator. You will be a DO’er who adopts and contributes to DO’s fun and amazing culture. We are an eclectic group of individuals who make quick and accurate decisions in a fast-paced environment. Looking for someone to join the team who loves dogs, happy hours, company volunteer days, and proud to be a part of our DO family!
Job Purpose: Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, including client on-boarding, requirement gathering and documentation, project planning, work breakdowns, timeline and budget management, resource allocation, task assignments, and quality assurance. As a team member on projects, to work hands-on with a cross-functional team including, but not limited to sales, producers, ux/designers, strategists, marketers, solution architects, leads, and developers to build and support clients' e-commerce businesses and digital initiatives.
To be a driver in delivering solutions to project requirements from concept to release through the triple constraints of cost, time, and quality. Aligning the internal team, and participating in the planning, resourcing, building, launching, and ongoing support of ecommerce websites and/or digital marketing initiatives by maintaining a working understanding of the client's/site's functional needs and longer-term strategic goals.
Coach, mentor and train project coordinators and team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary point-of-contact for multiple clients of different sizes — proactively manage needs and expectations by working to gain an understanding of the client's business, website/platform functionality, and/or digital marketing initiatives.
- Work with the Sales team and Senior Producers to onboard and integrate new clients. Communicate, present, and work with clients on estimates, SOW's, schedules, project/task status and deliverables, hours/budget utilization, scope definition and change management, invoicing, and new business opportunities.
- Responsible for delivering completed modules and/or projects to clients, including providing training and/or recap of functionality.
- Liaise between clients and internal team to create and continuously maintain alignment around the project business objectives, hours, deadlines, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constraints impacting project delivery.
- Lead and collaborate in internal meetings to assist project team in answering questions, conceptualizing and explaining client ideas clearly, and gathering guidance and recommendations around solutions, options and level-of-efforts.
- Actively work with internal team to review outgoing work — content, creative, site functionality, etc — to ensure it will match/meet/exceed client expectations.
- Oversee daily activities and supervise/coordinate project teams of strategic, business, creative and development resources, both in-house and remote, as well as contractors.
- Organize, plan, and continually move tasks from backlog, to assignment, though Dev/Staging pushes and QA, production release planning and coordination, production deployment, and follow up.
- Create, facilitate, organize, maintain, distribute, and actively participate in project documentation and notes, including but not limited to, Features and Functionality/Defining Done, client and internal meeting notes, training documentation.
- Understand project scope and help identify out-of-scope requests or scope creep. Work with SMEs and senior producers to creatively manage throughout project execution.
- Identify gaps in progress of team members towards accomplishing delegated tasks, and provide feedback in a positive manner to help get on track.
- Proactively identify risks in advance and raise internal awareness of problems early.
- Help identify root causes of problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and determine appropriate personnel for correction.
- Ensure requests/tasks are defined and work with SMEs to break down complex tasks.
- Work closely with project teams to prioritize needs, determine focus, resolve conflicts, and scope-out level of effort and hours for new requests.
- Help onboard new team members to project by proving client overview, historical context, project status, and ways of working.
- Ensure project and communication tools, such as Bascamp, Jira, MavenLink are highly organized, meet required documentation standards and are up to date to reflect current project activity and status.
- Work with the project team and leadership to monitor and control project budgets, burn charts and profitability forecasts, SOWs, and contractual documentation.
- Access internal resources available for projects and recommend to/work with functional managers to help determine best fit to projects/tasks/requests.
- Maintain continuous understanding of project work and the bandwidth of project team members.
- Work with team members in coordinating and prioritizing resource activities for projects.
- Maintain an understanding of current ecommerce trends/implementations and PMO best practices and proactively work to expand knowledge and skill-set through continuing education, reading, and certifications.
- Take ownership of daily work and tasks, work proactively and collaboratively to solve problems, communicate status, track time daily, deliver results, meet timelines, and client expectations.
- 3-5 years of related experience working with E-commerce website builds
- Experience with Shopify and/or Magento is a plus
- Experience working in an agency setting in a plus
More from the
Digital Operative Announces Strategic Partnership with 85SIX...
News & Press / September 4, 2019View Blog Post
Amazon Offensive and Defensive Advertising Strategies
Amazon / April 24, 2019View Blog Post
Cloud-Based ERP Tools: The Emerging Competitive Differentiat...
Ecommerce / March 27, 2019View Blog Post
Is Amazon Breaking Up With You? Calling All Vendors.
Amazon / March 10, 2019View Blog Post