Digital Operative is looking for a highly motivated Senior E-Commerce Producer. You will be a DO’er who adopts and contributes to DO’s fun and amazing culture. We are an eclectic group of individuals who make quick and accurate decisions in a fast-paced environment. Looking for someone to join the team who loves dogs, happy hours, company volunteer days, and proud to be a part of our DO family!
Job Purpose: Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, including client on-boarding, requirements gathering and documentation, project planning, work breakdowns, timeline and budget management, resource allocation, task assignments, and quality assurance. As a team member on projects, to work hands-on with a cross-functional team including, but not limited to sales, producers, ux/designers, strategists, marketers, solution architects, leads, and developers to build and support clients' e-commerce businesses and digital initiatives.
To be a leader in delivering solutions to project requirements, from concept to release through the triple constraints of cost, time, and quality. Possess the knowledge and experience to make tough decisions, align the internal team, and drive the planning, resourcing, building, launching, and ongoing support of ecommerce websites and/or digital marketing initiatives by maintaining a keen understanding of the client's/site's functional needs and longer-term strategic goals.
Coach, mentor and train producers and project coordinators and team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for client engagement, project delivery processes, and PMO best practices.
- Primary point-of-contact for multiple clients of different sizes — proactively manage needs and expectations, as well as provide agency POV on thought leadership and direction via a thorough understanding of the client's business, website/platform functionality, and/or digital marketing initiatives.
- Communicate, present, negotiate and work with clients on estimates, SOW's, schedules, project/task status and deliverables, hours/budget utilization, scope definition and change management, invoicing, and new business opportunities.
- Liaise between clients and internal team to create and continuously maintain alignment around the project business objectives, hours, deadlines, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constraints impacting project delivery.
- Lead and collaborate in internal meetings by explaining client ideas clearly and answering questions, assisting project team in conceptualizing and gathering guidance and recommendations around solutions, options and levels-of-effort.
- Actively work with internal team to review outgoing work — content, creative, site functionality, etc — to ensure it will match/meet/exceed client expectations.
- Oversee daily activities and supervise/coordinate project teams of strategic, business, creative and development resources, both in-house and remote, as well as contractors.
- Lead project team in organizing, planning, and continually moving tasks from backlog to assignment, though Dev/Staging pushes and QA, production release planning and coordination, production deployment, and follow up.
- Identify the root causes of problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and determine appropriate actions and resources for correction.
- Ensure requests/tasks are defined and work with SMEs to break down complex tasks.
- Work closely with project teams to prioritize needs, determine focus, resolve conflicts, and estimate the level of effort and hours required for new requests.
- Ensure project and communication tools, such as Bascamp, Jira, MavenLink are highly organized, meet required documentation standards and are up to date to reflect current project activity and status.
- Work with the project team and leadership to monitor and control project budgets, burn charts and profitability forecasts, SOWs, and contractual documentation.
- Assess internal resources availability for projects and recommend to/work with functional managers to help determine best fit to projects/tasks/requests.
- Work with team members in coordinating and prioritizing resource activities for projects.
- Work with clients to gain a solid understanding of their existing and desired integrations impacting the project.
- Distill and communicate technical concepts between developers and clients, junior-level producers and coordinators to facilitate a better understanding of project development.
- Onboard and train new project coordinators and producers.
- Maintain an understanding of current e-commerce trends/implementations and PMO best practices and proactively work to expand knowledge and skill-set through continuing education, reading, and certifications.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by educating, and coaching team based on lessons learned and success stories from past projects and best practices.
- Take ownership of daily work and tasks, work proactively and collaboratively to solve problems, communicate status, track time daily, deliver results, meet timelines, and client expectations.
More from the
Designing & Building Product Finder Quizzes for eCommer...
Strategy & Planning / December 23, 2020View Blog Post
7 Myths About Product Taxonomies in Ecommerce
User Experience / July 27, 2020View Blog Post
4 Key Considerations for Starting a CRO Program
Strategy & Planning / July 27, 2020View Blog Post
3 Customer Motivation Strategies to Improve Your eCommerce i...
Strategy & Planning / July 27, 2020View Blog Post