We are looking for a Front End Magento Developer to join our growing team, who can create solutions, contribute to a team environment and be an advocate for front end technologies. You’ll be learning our existing methodologies and applying your own to ensure that DO is producing best-in-class technologies on all of its products. You will get your hands dirty working on ecommerce (Magento, Shopify Plus) and CMS platforms. You should be able to work collaboratively with system engineers, backend developers and UX designers throughout the process. We’re looking for folks that share the same passions as we do for creating digital solutions for a variety of clients across Outdoors, Active Lifestyle, Retail, Fashion, Consumer Electronics and Nonprofit.
- 3+ years of experience with frontend development using HTML, CSS and JS
- Built rich interactive client interfaces, JSON, AJAX, DOM manipulation, MySQL or other database experience
- Experience working in a team environment using SVN or Git
- Experience developing within a MVC framework or templating system
- Understanding of web standards, cross-browser compatibility issues and performance optimization
- Experience with PHP5
- Solid understanding of Linux or Unix operating systems
- Experience creating themes in WordPress, Magento and/or Shopify Plus are desired
- Experience with advanced interface elements like animations, parallax, transitions, etc.
Whom We Are Looking For:
- Superb problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A sharp eye for design, close attention to detail, excellent self-motivator
- A self starter, able to make progress with minimal supervision
- Eager to accept new tasks and responsibilities and develop new skills
- Strong team player
- A passion for the web and new technologies
- Ability to estimate and hit deadlines
- Understands the balance between experimentation and current user needs
**We work fast and furiously and expect you to do the same. We notice if things are 1px off. We do what we do because we love it. We are professional and organized, but laid-back.