A growing digital agency is searching for a strong, experienced eCommerce Project Manager who can handle multiple tasks & priorities in an effective and solution-based manner. If the prospect of spearheading multiple projects at a high quality level through the balance of people, time, and budget excites you, keep reading.
The Senior eCommerce Project Manager will be involved throughout all operational points of projects from client communication, to phase handoff, to launch. Digital Operative is looking for a senior-level eCommerce Project Manager, who brings at least 3 years agency or web project management experience, demonstrating a successful track record of driving eCommerce projects.
The Senior eCommerce Project Manager has an eye for detail, a capacity to juggle multiple projects, schedules, etc, and the passion for setting the right expectations. Day-to-day activities include: driving projects forward, serving as the lead voice on projects, communicating with multiple clients, gathering client answers/assets/requirements/etc, unblocking obstacles, aiding in budgeting for RFP/RFQs/SOW’s/CO’s, testing team’s work, reviewing/altering multiple project schedules, reporting on utilized hours/project budget/timeline, etc. The Senior eCommerce Project Manager will also be responsible for working with cross-functional team members, interfacing with clients, and following Digital Operative’s established processes.
Must-have Skills & Requirements:
- 4-6 years experience as an interactive Web Producer or Project Manager within a deadline-driven agency or tech startup environment, with multiple eCommerce projects driven from initiations through close-out
- 2+ years experience within ecommerce related work
- Very comfortable with user experience, eCommerce, and web development terminology and processes, with experience managing responsive web projects, back-end integrations, as well as mobile, social, SEO/SEM/Retargeting campaigns, etc
- Established track record of being accountable for the execution, management and quality of multiple complex eCommerce projects from initiation to close-out, ensuring client satisfaction, meeting milestones, and delivering within the approved budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; Experience creating detailed project requirements documentation through discussions and meetings with internal project team members across all departments and client stakeholders
- Self-starter, proactive, deadline driven, hands on team player
- Passion to learn the newest web technologies and design principles
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Office or other industry standard software
- Familiarity using Basecamp, ActiveCollab, Trello, Jira, or other online project management tools
- Plan, monitor, and keep on top of project deliverables, goals and milestones
- Facilitate, manage, and maintain timely and effective communication across teams including senior team members, clients and 3rd parties
- Serve as the lead voice on projects, driving the early clarification and documentation of strategic & technical requirements, conceptualizing and explaining complex ideas clearly, managing expectations, and exhibiting transparency
- Identify and assemble experts and stakeholders needed to refine and clarify requirements
- Juggle the responsibility of serving as the voice of client interests to the Digital Operative team, with serving Digital Operative by focusing on the promised scope and budget, avoiding scope creep, and processing change orders where applicable
- Educate, or identify experts needed to educate the client on Digital Processes as they relate to waterfall eCommerce builds, agile support contracts, and deployment processes
- Works with cross-functional team members, ensuring projects get delivered on-time and on-budget
- Develop project schedules and budgets based on client’s goals, scope of work, and available resources
- Triage new tasks and help to prioritize based on severity, contractual obligation, and team workload
- Produce timely weekly and monthly project reports in accordance with the company’s standards
- Proactively inform upper management of any issues or delays related to project
- Applies Digital Operative’s methodologies & processes to enforce project standards
- Contribute to the agency's set of methodologies and best practices as it pertains to project lifecycles
- Prior web application or product management experience
- eCommerce experience with Magento, Shopify or Demandware
- Skillset within design or web development – you can code or design
- PMP and/or CSM certification