Digital Operative Inc. is looking for a User Experience (UI/UX) Architect to join our team in San Diego, California (CA). The ideal candidate is equal parts strategic thinker and creative problem solver. You can translate the emotive and functional needs of the digital experience into user-centered design process solutions from concept to execution by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital experiences for ecommerce brands & retailers.
He/She will work with our clients to understand their business requirements in the broader context of their digital strategy and advocate for the customer by developing intuitive interactions and easy-to-use interfaces across digital devices, platforms and channels.
Your interests and capabilities are not purely in the production of UI/UX wireframes and design work but also will cross many other key skills such as product / customer journey strategy, user research, IA, UX, UI and information design.
In this position within Digital Operative you are responsible for the following:
- Leadership of user experience for agency and its offerings
- Crafting POVs and set of UX strategies that hold the user at the center and address the customer's business goals
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mockups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces as needed
- Lead UX planning for cross-device experiences for ecommerce customers
- Develop and evolve presentation decks that educate clients and provide progressive thinking in the UX realm
- Maintain and constantly update your own ideas about what works, what doesn't and why
- Proactively provide subject matter and business analyst advisory services to clients and team members
- Work with design and engineering teams to determine tradeoffs based on business needs, user experience outcomes, and technology constraints
- Provide support as needed in the areas of visual design or information design
- Conducting industry and/or functional research and related analysis to support client work
- Sales/Business Development Support – providing subject matter expertise during sales process as needed
- Help the team plan and run effective client workshops and client stakeholder meetings
- Provide strategic solutions for early stage project planning
- Work closely with project managers, design, engineering, and quality assurance
- Identify and execute on the best methods for user research and testing within client constraints
- Monitor and have knowledge of wider industry UX trends and relevant technology trends across ecommerce, shopping & retail
- Time Tracking – track daily time across customer accounts within the Mavenlink platform
- Thought Leadership – Producing trend-oriented “think pieces” for internal agency consumption as well as to support ongoing agency marketing practices
Skills and Requirements:
- 5 or more years of UX/UI design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital experiences
- Extensive experience using UX design best practices to design solutions for ecommerce, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Have a solid understanding of information architecture, information design, fundamental design principles, visual flow, and interaction design
- Have experience streamlining workflows and/or visual elements to influence user behavior and interactivity
- Demonstrated hands-on experience conducting Guerilla User Research & Remote User Testing
- Ability to make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features within the Magento and Shopify Plus platforms
- Ability to clearly articulate and defend your design decisions in front of teams and clients
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design to complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Engage in leading team efforts, maintain timelines and control project scope
- Be passionate about UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
More from the
Welcome our new HR Manager, Tamar Etminan!
Agency Life / August 13, 2018View Blog Post
Vanity URL’s & Why You Should Get Your Own Custom...
Digital Marketing / August 12, 2018View Blog Post
How Brands are Incorporating VR to Boost Customer Experience
Digital Marketing / August 8, 2018View Blog Post
Welcome Debbie Filla, our newest Senior eCommerce Account Ma...
Agency Life / July 25, 2018View Blog Post