TargetEveryone loves snowglobes and if you go on eBay it's a popular item this holiday season. What if you could shake your iPhone, be presented with a product recommendation and then either buy it or forward it to a friend? Sounds good right? Maybe.
- Snow globed Products
- The actual shaking action to switch products
- The randomness or potential mystery behind what will it recommend next?
What could make the Target iPhone app totally chilled?
- Integration into online wishlisting app
- Rating the recommendations provided for better compatibility
- Random deals, coupons, codes presented as you shake snow globe
GAPImagine all your favorite Christmas carols remixed by popular artists and being able to play dress-up on your mobile phone and then buy the items you're mixing. Enter the Gap "Merry Mix It" iPhone app. It features six music videos which are reproduced carols like “Jingle Bells” performed by Flo Rida and Trey Songz and models that you can dress up and buy items, utilizing the GPS feature.
- Viral Marketing - Tapping pop culture and celebs to spread the word
- Options - Cool content + Interactive
- GPS Integration
What could make the Gap iPhone app totally chilled?
- Again, wishlist app integration
- Upload your own model
- Content syndication - output Mix Ups to Facebook, Myspace, etc.
SummaryOverall it's great to see the big retailers leveraging the iPhone community to promote their products, but beware the line of advertising for advertising sake. I'd like to see these iPhone applications more integrated into an already existing culture of social networking, profiles and social media.
More integration = better engagement = customer satisfaction
More from the
Why TACoS is an Essential Metric for your Amazon Toolbox
Amazon / February 19, 2020View Blog Post
Driving Digital Marketing ROI with Conversion Rate Optimizat...
Strategy & Planning / February 13, 2020View Blog Post
Partner Q&A with Teikametrics – A Retail Optimiza...
Amazon / February 7, 2020View Blog Post
Extend holiday sales spikes into January 2020 with these tip...
Ecommerce / November 14, 2019View Blog Post