TargetEveryone loves snowglobes and if you go on eBay it's a popular item this holiday season. What if you could shake your iPhone, be presented with a product recommendation and then either buy it or forward it to a friend? Sounds good right? Maybe.
- Snow globed Products
- The actual shaking action to switch products
- The randomness or potential mystery behind what will it recommend next?
What could make the Target iPhone app totally chilled?
- Integration into online wishlisting app
- Rating the recommendations provided for better compatibility
- Random deals, coupons, codes presented as you shake snow globe
GAPImagine all your favorite Christmas carols remixed by popular artists and being able to play dress-up on your mobile phone and then buy the items you're mixing. Enter the Gap "Merry Mix It" iPhone app. It features six music videos which are reproduced carols like “Jingle Bells” performed by Flo Rida and Trey Songz and models that you can dress up and buy items, utilizing the GPS feature.
- Viral Marketing - Tapping pop culture and celebs to spread the word
- Options - Cool content + Interactive
- GPS Integration
What could make the Gap iPhone app totally chilled?
- Again, wishlist app integration
- Upload your own model
- Content syndication - output Mix Ups to Facebook, Myspace, etc.
SummaryOverall it's great to see the big retailers leveraging the iPhone community to promote their products, but beware the line of advertising for advertising sake. I'd like to see these iPhone applications more integrated into an already existing culture of social networking, profiles and social media.
More integration = better engagement = customer satisfaction
More from the
Welcome our new HR Manager, Tamar Etminan!
Agency Life / August 13, 2018View Blog Post
Vanity URL’s & Why You Should Get Your Own Custom...
Digital Marketing / August 12, 2018View Blog Post
How Brands are Incorporating VR to Boost Customer Experience
Digital Marketing / August 8, 2018View Blog Post
Welcome Debbie Filla, our newest Senior eCommerce Account Ma...
Agency Life / July 25, 2018View Blog Post