Keep Track of performanceGet automated emails that get sent to you when big changes are made on the account. It doesn't hurt to monitor your campaigns at a high level and then a more in depth level every day. Just make sure you monitor your campaigns on the regular to make sure you are tracking the changes that may potentially need to happen in the future. Be proactive and -make the changes before you see a negative change in your account.
Use Change History to monitor accountsIf you notice a negative impact on the campaigns you can use the filter option to better hone in on the time frame that the changes were made. This is especially important if you have more than one PPC manager working on the accounts - you are able to see what changes they made and how those changes affected your campaigns.
Keyword ResearchAvoid a lot of the one word keywords - Use phrases and words that would be used when you are searching for a common product online. Make sure you not only do your research on keywords, but it is also beneficial to do research and ad in a few negative keywords. This is a good way to keep your CPA down and your ROI high.
Use a third party toolThird party tools are available to help make your life a little easier when it comes to analytics and optimization. A lot of the third party tools have reports that can be automated just like BingAds and Google
Quality Score is QueenThe higher the quality score the more likely it is for your ad to be shown. Your quality score is determined by a number of things (This is straight from Google's mouth):
- Your keyword's expected clickthrough rate (CTR): The expected CTR is based in part on the keyword's past CTR, or how often that keyword led to clicks on your ad
- Your display URL's past CTR: How often you received clicks with your display URL
- Quality of your landing page: How relevant, transparent, and easy-to-navigate your page is
- Keyword/ad relevance: How relevant your keyword is to your ads
- keyword/search relevance: How relevant your keyword is to what a customer searches for
More from the
Advice in Challenging Times
Ecommerce / May 19, 2020View Blog Post
Choosing the Right Ecommerce Agency for your Brand
Design / April 27, 2020View Blog Post
Content Strategy in a Covid19 headline dominated world
Digital Marketing / April 6, 2020View Blog Post
Uncover your CRO potential | Self Assessment
Strategy & Planning / March 31, 2020View Blog Post