Here are three ways to get people to come to your site!
1. Create contentIf you don’t have a blog on your site then hop in a Delorean, go 88 mph, and start one yesterday – it is that important. Here is why: Google is like a good baker, they are interested in freshness. New blog posts rank higher, as Google sees them as more timely and relevant to the end user than static pages. Additionally, a good blog is interesting and thought provoking; these two traits make people want to read more. Additionally a good blog post with a great headline has good click through rates, which means more traffic on your site. If you want to get people to come to your site you must constantly create high quality content. Some additional benefits of a blog:
- It gives your brand a personality.
- Articles can rank for terms that your overall site would normally be unable to rank for.
2. Use social mediaSocial media is a great way to get people to come to your site. The key strategy to social media is to build your audience through interaction. If your social media is just a one-way push and there is no give and take, users will not see the value. Do not just push your own content without considering what others have posted. As users interact with your brand and your links (which you can use to send them back to the blog), they will be more likely to visit your main site and become customers. In addition to sending traffic to your site, added benefits of social media include:
- Research – You are able to hear what customers are saying about your product. Use this both to satisfy unhappy customers, as well as learn what it is that your customers like or dislike about your company.
- Cultivate evangelists – Social media is a place where word of mouth marketing flourishes. By cultivating brand evangelists you will have the most effective form of advertising available – real people talking to people they know and trust about your product.
3. Utilize PPCPPC (pay per click) can be a little overwhelming (fortunately Digital Operative offers fantastic PPC services!). PPC is one of the best ways to get people to visit your site. When using PPC your ad is able to jump over more powerful sites like Fonz jumping the shark to send that traffic to your site. By utilizing PPC you have the ability to rank for any term that you chose and pick which page you will send the user to. You can expect a good chunk of traffic if PPC is done correctly, but as the name implies you will have to pay for it. Adam Lundquist wants to send people to your site. Connect with Adam on Google+.
More from the
How to Measure Content Marketing ROI
Digital Marketing / March 20, 2018View Blog Post
Meet Tyler Hawkins, Our Newest Senior Developer
Agency Life / March 14, 2018View Blog Post
Event Recap: Happy Hour at 8500 Feet (eTail West 2...
News & Press / March 6, 2018View Blog Post
Top Insights & Takeaways From Mimosas & ...
News & Press / February 28, 2018View Blog Post