As digital marketers, we swear by tracking. And if you're not tracking your web traffic, digital marketer or not, you should be. So, whether you're a business owner who has experience with Google Analytics, or a young organization that is looking for some quick guidance, these four tips will put any user on the right track to success with Analytics. 1. Update your Tracking Code to Support Display Advertising
- Gain access to demographic data such as age, gender and interests that are collected from DoubleClick.
- Create remarketing lists that allow engagement with customized groups of previous visitors. Then you can deliver ads that are specific to that group.
- Determine what sources or campaigns made your user decide to engage with your brand, and what exactly made them sign up.
- Know what path your visitors take from your top landing page. What do they read? What do they buy?
- Attach UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) codes to your custom URL's to track your Source, Medium and Campaign. For example, you can include the following items below and determine where your user came from, as well what campaign directed them to the assigned landing page.
- Source: Facebook
- Medium: Social
- Campaign: Blog