Wait no...it’s over already?! (insert sad emoji face) My time here at DO as a Social Media Intern has been everything I thought it would be and so much more! I am very grateful for such an opportunity. Sad that my journey as an intern has ended, but definitely cherishing all the memories and taking all the knowledge with me!
1. How would you define Digital Marketing? and how was your role crucial to the success of the Agency?Digital Marketing to me is connecting and creating customer relationships along all digital channels - whether it be the blog, social media or website. I was the social media intern and my duties were to create content for the blog, handle the social media platforms, brainstorm in meetings for marketing campaigns, and everything in between.
2. Who were your mentors at DO and How did you like working with them?I’ve learned and taken something from everyone that works at DO, and of course Nikki. She’s passionate about marketing, and great at what she does -- I was really lucky to shadow her work and have her as a mentor. How did I like working with her? I loved it! I was able to get my hands into some deep marketing projects and she assisted the whole way. Thank you Nikki!
3. What did you learn from your internship?I’ve learned all about social media marketing, ranging from each social platform to analytics to blogging. I’ve always liked to write and DO gave me the freedom to get creative and publish pieces for the blog which is where I learned a lot about my expressive side. I also learned that the agency life is the way to go too!
4. You're finished......How do you feel about completing your internship?I’m proud of myself for finishing strong, but yet it’s bittersweet because my weekly routine has come to an end. I met some really talented people who work at DO...including the interns!
5. Do you still want to go down the same career path after you graduate? Why/Why not?I don’t think my passion for Marketing and Sales is going anywhere anytime soon. I am still very interested in working in either field once I graduate.
6. What was your favorite part about working with DO?Being an intern with DO, my favorite part was the extensive amount of learning, about anything and everything I wanted! If I wanted to understand something more in depth, Nikki would direct me to the person to go to, or even set up a meeting for me to meet with whoever I wanted.
7. Would you recommend the internship program to your classmates?In a heartbeat! I’m always so proud to say who I’ve interned for and why my friends and classmates should be interested too!
8. What were a few of your favorite memories while interning for DO?My favorite memories are all the opportunities I was given, as well as helping Shannon decorate for the holidays, the Halloween Costume party, chatting with the interns, and of course getting experience in marketing! Also the dogs, who can’t forget all their cute faces! I’ll miss them! Thank you Alyssa for all of your hard-work during your internship. We know you'll be successful wherever you go and we hope you're having a blast in Europe.
More from the
Introducing Mike Kuerschner, Senior Project Manager
Agency Life / March 30, 2018View Blog Post
Using CRO & Personalization to Sell More Stuff
Strategy & Planning / March 27, 2018View Blog Post
How to Measure Content Marketing ROI
Digital Marketing / March 20, 2018View Blog Post
Meet Tyler Hawkins, Senior Web Developer
Agency Life / March 14, 2018View Blog Post