Do your researchBefore you just start pumping funds into an ad account it’s really important to do your research first. Take a moment and learn from those who are already doing it. Ask yourself a few questions-
- Who are the big industry influencers and what kind of content works for them?
- What are your competitors doing?
- What draws you to your competitors posts?
- How often are they posting?
- What do you dislike about their posts?
- What type of information do they have in their profile?
- Is there a consistent theme?
Set GoalsWhen it comes to Instagram, what kinds of goals should you be setting? Increasing follower count, growing brand awareness and increasing engagement on posts are all so important. Setting more “traditional” goals are important too, can you use Instagram to generate leads or increase overall sales? As you’re going through and choosing your own goals for your brand it’s really important you keep your goals clear and SMART-
Record Your DataIn the spirit of keeping SMART goals, you’ve got to be able to measure them. Keeping track of your performance allows you to see if your strategy is actually working. You should be measuring the following 5 items in each post-
- Total followers
- Type of post (culture, product, inspiration, etc.)
- Engagement after “X” amount of time
Tell Your StoryStories sell a brand, you become relatable and memorable. Brainstorm how to connect the story of your product to your audience. If you’re struggling to find your narrative, try asking yourself these 3 questions-
- What is the core idea behind our product?
- What do people love about our product?
- What would our audience miss about our business if we closed our doors tomorrow?
More from the
Building a Strategic Roadmap for Your Ecommerce Project
Ecommerce / December 3, 2018View Blog Post
A Complete 2018 Holiday Guide to Email Marketing
Digital Marketing / November 26, 2018View Blog Post
How To Write The Best Replatforming RFP
Ecommerce / November 19, 2018View Blog Post
Amazon Advertising Changes
Digital Marketing / November 14, 2018View Blog Post