Meet Elle Woods! JK, Elle Rudick:We love meeting new people! So, obviously when Elle joined the crew we were stoked. She packed her bags and drove from one coast to another, what a champ! We couldn't be more excited to welcome her to the team and we can't wait for you to get to know her a little better... well since there's no time like the present, let's do the thing! Elle, take it away... HEY! My name’s Elle, which is pronounced “L” (like the letter)- not short for Eleven. I’m an east coast transplant originally from a small town in Central Massachusetts. I studied Architecture at Syracuse University in Upstate New York, where my love for design is rooted. After graduating from SU, I lived in Boston for a year, then moved to Brooklyn, NY, practicing architecture for 4 years. I was introduced to UX design, and sold by the idea of shaping the world through a digital medium rather than physical one, through a very similar process of creative problem-solving. So, I eventually decided that I wanted to work on projects for the digital space, and also wanted to live a life where snow wasn’t a part of my day-to-day. I pursued an immersive online bootcamp in user experience in addition to self-teaching, dabbled in a few side projects, and made the move to San Diego! I love new adventures, so super psyched for an entire new coast to explore, and so thrilled and honored to be a part of the wonderful and collaborative DO team! Let’s get to know Elle a little better with a few RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS:
- Website you visit the most: ehh Facebook.
- iPhone or Android: iPhone.
- Favorite phone app: Instagram
- Favorite industry related website: UXPin's blog, UserTesting's blog, and Dribbble are all amazing resources
- If you could only visit one website for the rest of your life, what site would that be? Google! There are just too many things I “Google” on the fly to give it up, even though I wouldn’t be able to click on the links, at least I could have a little preview. Plus it has everything including email, images, maps, docs, hangouts, etc.
- Something you say frequently: Cool.
- First thing you do when you get to the office: Pour myself a fresh cup of coffee and greet the marketing early birds.
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be: Umm is this a trick question?? ...After some internal deliberation, I’m going to say a food critic traveling around the world and specializing in all things chocolate.
- How do you take your coffee: I usually prefer a light roast, with some almond milk. If it’s iced, I like to add sugar in the raw for a little crunch in my sip. Really though, I'm not picky... I’ll take it room temp and black
- Fun fact about yourself: I spent two months exploring the west coast, and bicycled from Montana to the border of Mexico. That’s how I met SD!
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: Some element of exploration whether getting away, biking to the beach, or strolling through a farmer's market
- Cats or Dogs: 100% dogs. Sorry cats.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night: Oh boy! I try to assess the audience and go for crowd-pleasers, which typically includes… “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now” by Celine Dion. It’s SO underrated and the way that song builds up is guaranteed to amp up the crowd!
- Do you have a nickname, what is it: Elle is my nickname, it’s short for Elizabeth, though in the past I’ve been called a combination of names including Lizzy, Rudy, Elle Belle, and Flip.
- If you had an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be: Energy.
- What was your favorite childhood injury: I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood), but had a pretty dramatic sledding accident when I was 11. I flew off my snowtube and slammed my leg against a massive pile of ice-crusted snow.
- Name the movie title for the story of your life: Just Go With It.
- Which store (online or brick and mortar) would you like to max out your credit card: I’m still settling into my new pad in San Diego, so most likely IKEA.
- Can you play any instruments: Not well. I played the clarinet back in my elementary school days, and I’d like to think my air drum skills are up to par. I can also do background vocals for any 90s/00s pop song. The short answer is no.
- What’s your favorite snack from the snack cart: Peanut butter filled pretzels.
More from the
Building a Strategic Roadmap for Your Ecommerce Project
Ecommerce / December 3, 2018View Blog Post
A Complete 2018 Holiday Guide to Email Marketing
Digital Marketing / November 26, 2018View Blog Post
How To Write The Best Replatforming RFP
Ecommerce / November 19, 2018View Blog Post
Amazon Advertising Changes
Digital Marketing / November 14, 2018View Blog Post