Luke has worked at startups since 1997, usually working with and selling to marketers. He went to business school (MBA with a focus in marketing from Duke University) thinking he’d be a traditional brand manager at the likes of P&G or Unilever, and instead found himself working in partnership marketing at JetBlue. In 2008, he returned to tech startups, largely focused on helping Marketing Tech companies by introducing them to digital marketers and SaaS platforms in varying areas, including mobile apps, email marketing, social media and data, paid search, influencer marketing, Facebook messaging, and reviews.
Luke considers himself a dedicated "connector" and organizes a couple dozen events a year, largely in the worlds of marketing, tech and media. Outside of work, Luke says that bringing people together is the heart of what he does; hosting BBQs, dinner parties, and game nights, or group outings to meals, music, galleries, dance performances, and house parties. He also has a passion for social dancing, playing ultimate Frisbee, running and exercising, skiing, composting and generally trying to lower his footprint, creating sculpture, grilling, baking, cooking, and aspiring with his partner to be dog owners.
So in conclusion, to say we're excited to welcome Luke to our team may be a bit of an understatement. But nonetheless, welcome, Luke! We can't wait to see all of the great things you do at Digital Operative.
Let's get to know Luke a little better with some rapid fire questions:
- iPhone or Android: iPhone
- Favorite phone app: ExitStrategy, which tells you where to stand on the subway to be closest to the exit you want
- Website you visit the most: LinkedIn
- If you could only visit one website for the rest of your life, what site would that be? Probably Facebook, but if that’s a cop out, Wikipedia, and The Onion might be third
- Something you say frequently: Everything’s relative
- First thing you do when you get to the office: Have more coffee, finalize my Daily To Do’s (if I haven’t done so on the subway already), and respond to any quickly triaged messages
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be: Inventor
- How do you take your coffee: Milk & one sugar (which in NYC is called “regular”)
- Fun fact about yourself: I grew up in Soho and Little Italy and my dad’s still in the loft I grew-up in, and lives eleven doors south of my mother, his ex of 35 years
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: Hosting a few friends for an afternoon brunch at our place and lingering for hours talking and getting some help with the dishes and clean up at the very end
- Cats or Dogs: Dogs
- What would you sing at Karaoke night: Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire
- Do you have a nickname, what is it: No, but my parents came quite close to naming me Lake (artist parents in Soho in the 70’s)
- If you had an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be: Blanton’s bourbon
- What was your favorite childhood injury: More “notable” than “favorite” is that I was punched through the window of a dry cleaner when attacked by a group of kids freshman year of high school
- Name the movie title for the story of your life: “So how do you know Luke?”
- Which store (online or brick and mortar) would you like to max out your credit card: kayak.com
- What’s your favorite snack: Jarlsberg cheese with Mary’s Gone Crackers
Hey! Do you want to join our team too?Check out our current openings. Perks of working at DO include a dog-friendly office, bagel Fridays, endless snacks, monthly guest speakers, team building events, and an environment where creativity has no limit! We look forward to meeting you.
More from the
Digital Operative Announces Strategic Partnership with 85SIX...
News & Press / September 4, 2019View Blog Post
Amazon Offensive and Defensive Advertising Strategies
Amazon / April 24, 2019View Blog Post
Cloud-Based ERP Tools: The Emerging Competitive Differentiat...
Ecommerce / March 27, 2019View Blog Post
Is Amazon Breaking Up With You? Calling All Vendors.
Amazon / March 10, 2019View Blog Post