We are excited to welcome our new Web Analyst, Patrick McCarthy, to our digital marketing team in San Diego, CA! Patrick has been working in digital marketing for the past six years, and started his career in the Temecula/Murrieta area as an Account Manager for a mobile paid search lead generation company called Sightly. He quickly moved up the ranks at Slightly to Team Lead in Account Management, which is when he first got his Adwords Search Certification, and has been certified ever since! From there, he moved to a company called Evaero, where he managed paid media lead generation campaigns, including many forms of digital paid advertising as well as more traditional media buying, such as TV and radio. This is when he really discovered a passion for analytics, from tracking to measurement to reporting, which ultimately lead him to Digital Operative (DO) and a career centered around analytics! (Yay DO!)
When we let him leave the office (just kidding, we are all about that work/life balance), you can find Patrick surfing, watching the Padres, playing fantasy football, spending time with family, and playing frisbee, golf, and enjoying an active life by the beach in San Diego. Oh, and did we mention he's planning a wedding in April 2018? So yeah, he's a pretty busy guy outside of work, and we know we'll keep him busy at work too! Welcome Patrick!
Let's get to know Patrick a little better with some rapid fire questions:
- Website you visit the most: Facebook
- iPhone or Android: iPhone
- Favorite phone app: ESPN Fantasy Football (and Clash Royale)
- Favorite industry related website: analytics.googleblog
- Something you say frequently: “Like a boss”
- First thing you do when you get to the office: Coffee
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be: DO Web Analyst of course!
- How do you take your coffee: Little bit of cream and sugar, can’t do straight up black.
- Fun fact about yourself: I’ve lived in Arizona, Montana, California, and Hawaii
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: Surf, frisbee golf, anything outside in the sun.
- Cats or Dogs: I like both, but more of a dog person.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night: Bohemian Rhapsody
- Do you have a nickname, what is it: Gerald (given to me by my friends, long story)
- If you had an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be: Surfboards
- Which store (online or brick and mortar) would you like to max out your credit card: Surfride
- Can you play any instruments: A couple very badly
- What’s your favorite snack: Salt and vinegar chips