Written By: Chelsey DeBalsi, Agency Marketing Manager at Digital Operative
Meet our new Paid Media Specialist in our San Diego office, Ian Cook! Ian comes to Digital Operative (DO) with five years of experience in sports marketing. His professional background includes SDSU Athletics as Corporate Sponsor Marketing Coordinator, Club Tijuana Xolos running US Marketing, San Diego Albion Pros Marketing Manager, and most recently, Marketing Director for the 14-time Indoor Champions, the San Diego Sockers. He attended undergrad at Kenyon College in Ohio, where he played soccer all four years, and then went on to get his MBA locally at SDSU.
Outside of work, Ian spends his time playing soccer (obviously), surfing, running, traveling (this guy has traveled to 19 countries already!), "Netflix & Chill," and spending time with family and friends. Welcome Ian, we are so excited to have you on our team and can't wait to see everything you DO at DO (get it, DO pun?)!
Let's get to know Ian a little better with some rapid fire questions:
- Website you visit the most: ESPN(FC)
- iPhone or Android: iPhone
- Favorite phone app: Do it for the 'gram
- Favorite industry related website: Snapchat - Discover Daily
- If you could only visit one website for the rest of your life, what site would that be? The Chive
- First thing you do when you get to the office: Breakfast
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be: Professional Soccer Player
- How do you take your coffee: Irish coffee, hold the coffee
- Fun fact about yourself: 2015 US Footgolf National Champion
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: Wake up to some EPL, surf, acai bowl and enjoy San Diego’s sunshine
- Cats or Dogs: “Do you like degs..? Degs? Ohhh you mean Dawgs. Of course I like dogs”
- What would you sing at Karaoke night: War - Lowrider
- Do you have a nickname, what is it: Cookie
- If you had an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be: Memes
- What was your favorite childhood injury: None! Then I couldn't be outside playing sports!
- Name the movie title for the story of your life: Gladiator - be awesome, do it your way and come back even stronger when you get knocked down
- Which store (online or brick and mortar) would you like to max out your credit card: Adidas
- Can you play any instruments: I can whistle, does that count?
- What’s your favorite snack: Shortbread chocolate cookies
Hey! Do you want to join our team too?Check out our current openings. Perks of working at DO include a dog-friendly office, bagel Fridays, endless snacks, monthly guest speakers, team building events, and an environment where creativity has no limit! We look forward to meeting you.
More from the
Why TACoS is an Essential Metric for your Amazon Toolbox
Amazon / February 19, 2020View Blog Post
Driving Digital Marketing ROI with Conversion Rate Optimizat...
Strategy & Planning / February 13, 2020View Blog Post
Partner Q&A with Teikametrics – A Retail Optimiza...
Amazon / February 7, 2020View Blog Post
Extend holiday sales spikes into January 2020 with these tip...
Ecommerce / November 14, 2019View Blog Post