Welcome Summer Interns!Hey, everyone! My name is Kate Dodge and super excited to work for Digital Operative as a marketing intern this summer. I’ve grown up in San Diego my whole life, and I actually live right up the street from the office. I currently go to school in Ohio, but trust me, I’ll be back in San Diego right after graduation. Real winters are just not for me! In my spare time, I love to cook and binge watch series on Netflix. But while I’m here, I can’t wait to learn as much as I can about digital marketing!
- Where do you go to School? What is your Major: I go to school at Miami University in Oxford Ohio… and trust me, I’m so happy to be back in San Diego! I am in the business school majoring in Marketing and minoring in management in leadership.
- When do you plan on graduating: I am graduating in the spring of 2017… So only one more year until the real world! Not sure how I feel about that yet.
- How did you hear about Digital Operative: I was looking up digital marketing internships in San Diego and came upon DO. After looking into the company, I couldn’t help but want to intern! Company culture is so important to me, and DO has such a great work atmosphere! And who could turn pass up working with dogs running around the office?
- What do you hope to learn from your internship: As much as I possibly can! I just took a class last semester that dove into various areas of digital marketing, and I LOVED it. I can’t wait to figure out what area(s) I enjoy the most and focus my skills in those areas.
- What do you hope to do after completing your internship and graduating from college: I hope to have a greater understanding of digital marketing and take that and run with it! Ideally, I would love to have a job right out of college. So if you’re looking to hire… (hehe)
- Tell us something interesting about yourself: I’ve been a vegetarian since 5th grade… and it all started out as a competition with my friend. Guess who won? (Hint: it was me)
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be: I can’t say I know what job it would be, but it would definitely involve traveling around the world!
- How do you take your coffee: Gross! Ice tea, please!
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: If I’m not hanging out with my friends, I’ll be watching Netflix with my dog. Both options are ideal.
- Cats or Dogs: Dogs, definitely dogs.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night: Oh, this is a hard one! After careful consideration I’m going to swallow my pride and go with the Backstreet Boys’ “I Want It That Way.” But I could also easily pick “Girls Just Want To Have Fun!” It would probably be a game time decision.
- If you had an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be: Pictures. I’m always running out of storage on my phone because I take too many.
- What was your favorite childhood injury: I don’t have any cool injuries… I broke my thumb playing volleyball and had to get surgery. That wasn’t exciting though.
- Which store (online or brick and mortar) would you like to max out your credit card: Free People
- Can you play any instruments: I use to play guitar, but I was never any good. My teacher even fired me as a student. Oops!
More from the
Introducing Mike Kuerschner, Senior Project Manager
Agency Life / March 30, 2018View Blog Post
Using CRO & Personalization to Sell More Stuff
Strategy & Planning / March 27, 2018View Blog Post
How to Measure Content Marketing ROI
Digital Marketing / March 20, 2018View Blog Post
Meet Tyler Hawkins, Senior Web Developer
Agency Life / March 14, 2018View Blog Post