The Co-Founder of Kayak.com, Paul English, announced his amazingly ambitious plans to blanket the entire continent of Africa with free wireless Internet. Working with for profit and non-profit organizations Paul is looking ahead over the next decade of his life to make this vision a reality.
Imagine the possibilities of connecting one of the worlds most populated and at this point technologically disconnected continents.
- Updated digital e-textbooks for students
- Consistent communication between health officials in Africa and in the west
- Open lines of information for NGO’s working in rural areas
- Online classroom experiences for villages that don’t have or cannot afford a teacher
- Higher level learning opportunities for cities & villages without a university
- Open and free phone via Skype for those who can’t afford a phone
- A new funnel to channel news through thus creating a better understanding of what is happening in Africa
- Video diagnostics for patients in places without doctors
- A road map to connecting other developing nations in Asia and South America
- A billion or so more people on Facebook
- The possibility of the next great tech leader being from Southern Nigeria or Northern Uganda instead of a drop out from Harvard
Stay connected with the project through their Google group
More from the
Is Amazon Breaking Up With You? Calling All Vendors.
Amazon / March 10, 2019View Blog Post
Nathan Joins DO Marketing Team!
Agency Life / February 22, 2019View Blog Post
How to Optimize Your Content for SEO
Digital Marketing / February 7, 2019View Blog Post
DO Welcomes Paulina- Project Manager Extraordinaire
Agency Life / February 5, 2019View Blog Post