- "Following" extends beyond just statuses and drills down into asset types like photos, videos and profile types.
- Sharing your location enables newspapers to have value again! Viewing NYTimes based on my zipcode and profile offers me neighborhood specific content like deals, events, movies, personals and friend's plans as a viewable layer.
- Technologies like iPad provides interactive experiences for managing profile-types when you travel - My San Diego profile is different than my NJ profile because of the places I go, purchases I make, connections I have in each area; recommendations become better targeted.
- Following your favorite bands gets better - You can choose to follow only their videos and new tracks posted to iTunes. You may hate their statuses, photos, etc.
- Browsers may hold the key to how your identity is managed across the digital landscape - whether on your laptop, phone, iPad, tv; activities, interactions, sharing, communicating will be seamless.
- Education can be done from anywhere and courses are tuned for you on an individual basis and information is crowdsourced and created by the students and professors in harmony. Think free-flowing, living books. Like developers use versioning, the same could be possible in textbooks.
- Check-ins become a commodity and consolidate under a couple service providers, giving the SMB market a truly targeted way to connect with their customers.
- Finding that perfect pickup game with the right level players is a non-issue.
- Preferences in video games, car stereo receivers and kiosks would all be decentralized and portable; no matter what device, where you are, your login/id personalizes it for you.
- Forget clipping coupons, remembering vouchers or gift certificates; your profile contains that information and accessible anytime.
- Discovery becomes more about tuning the degree at which you want a new experience vs. something highly targeted to you. Think of it as a viewing the world through filtered layers that you control the intensity.
- Rewards cards and keychain tags? Throw them out. Customer loyalty programs will get integrated, your device knows your location and displays the right barcode to be scanned.
- Friends will follow you everywhere. You'll have layers of friends that you control what they have access to from your online identity. Don't want your mom seeing your Vegas weekend videos?
More from the
Can Your Website Do This? The Latest Ecommerce Functionality
Ecommerce / May 17, 2018View Blog Post
The Road Home From Magento Imagine 2018
News & Press / May 7, 2018View Blog Post
Managing Your Ecommerce Site Doesn’t Have to be Painful
Ecommerce / April 30, 2018View Blog Post
Ecommerce Paid Search Best Practices: Are You Doing Enough o...
Digital Marketing / April 25, 2018View Blog Post