The latest commercial for the iPad has just been released by Apple. You’ll notice that even though the camera views of the iPad in action are similar to those from the original commercial that aired during the Oscars but there are some significant changes to the messaging.
- New Apple voice over voice
- The original commercial only had music. Also this voice over is powerful in the key words and phrases they use such as “magical”, “you already know how to use it”, “its already a revolution”, “its only just begun”
- Clips of the iPad in action outside of the home
- They bring the iPad into multiple settings and uses such as academic, music lessons, carrying it on your scooter, and showing charts during a presentation. This is especially important in that the original add characterized the iPad as a tool that trendy and contemporary people might use while sitting on their couch or around their house.
- More ethnicity
- In the first commercial you will notice that the only people using the iPad were white. In the new commercial the clips transition not only from different settings but to different ethnic groups of users as well.
- New music
- The music is more aggressive and less trendy giving the impression that the iPad is more powerful and not just a cool toy that some people use for browsing the web and sending emails.
- Close the generation gap
- There is a couple clips in the new ad that show a small child with their parent using the iPad. It’s not just a tool for grownups and is simple & intuitive enough to use even for a kid.
The new ad shows that Apple is really reaching out to position the iPad as a common device for the masses and not just a nice to have luxury gadget.New iPad Commercial [embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fihOmQY-JxY[/embed] iPad Commercial From The Oscars [embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIFiFntb4lo[/embed]
More from the
Welcome our new HR Manager, Tamar Etminan!
Agency Life / August 13, 2018View Blog Post
Vanity URL’s & Why You Should Get Your Own Custom...
Digital Marketing / August 12, 2018View Blog Post
How Brands are Incorporating VR to Boost Customer Experience
Digital Marketing / August 8, 2018View Blog Post
Welcome Debbie Filla, our newest Senior eCommerce Account Ma...
Agency Life / July 25, 2018View Blog Post