The latest commercial for the iPad has just been released by Apple. You’ll notice that even though the camera views of the iPad in action are similar to those from the original commercial that aired during the Oscars but there are some significant changes to the messaging.
- New Apple voice over voice
- The original commercial only had music. Also this voice over is powerful in the key words and phrases they use such as “magical”, “you already know how to use it”, “its already a revolution”, “its only just begun”
- Clips of the iPad in action outside of the home
- They bring the iPad into multiple settings and uses such as academic, music lessons, carrying it on your scooter, and showing charts during a presentation. This is especially important in that the original add characterized the iPad as a tool that trendy and contemporary people might use while sitting on their couch or around their house.
- More ethnicity
- In the first commercial you will notice that the only people using the iPad were white. In the new commercial the clips transition not only from different settings but to different ethnic groups of users as well.
- New music
- The music is more aggressive and less trendy giving the impression that the iPad is more powerful and not just a cool toy that some people use for browsing the web and sending emails.
- Close the generation gap
- There is a couple clips in the new ad that show a small child with their parent using the iPad. It’s not just a tool for grownups and is simple & intuitive enough to use even for a kid.
The new ad shows that Apple is really reaching out to position the iPad as a common device for the masses and not just a nice to have luxury gadget.New iPad Commercial [embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fihOmQY-JxY[/embed] iPad Commercial From The Oscars [embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIFiFntb4lo[/embed]
More from the
Advice in Challenging Times
Ecommerce / May 19, 2020View Blog Post
Choosing the Right Ecommerce Agency for your Brand
Design / April 27, 2020View Blog Post
Content Strategy in a Covid19 headline dominated world
Digital Marketing / April 6, 2020View Blog Post
Uncover your CRO potential | Self Assessment
Strategy & Planning / March 31, 2020View Blog Post