1. Where do you go to School? What is your Major? When do you plan on graduating?I attend school at UC San Diego and am studying Management Science (basically Economics with Math) with a focus in Marketing. I plan on graduating June 2015.
2. How did you hear about Digital Operative?I went on an agency-applying rampage a few months ago. While looking through the work and clients of several San Diego agencies, I noticed Digital Operative had partnered with Stussy and Pony (two street-wear brands) by assisting with their digital marketing campaigns. Being a fan of urban apparel myself, I was intrigued by DO's impressive partnerships and decided to apply. The rest is history.
3. What do you hope to learn from your internship?I want to get a solid understanding of how to engage in competitive analyses and effective market research to bring about empirically-based solutions to our partners. Also, it'd be awesome to get to work with SEO, Magento and Google Analytics.
4. 1 week down - 11 to go......How do you feel after your first week of interning?It has definitely been an enriching experience-- I learned so much even on my first day. Steven and Eric constantly bring me up to speed with our client's needs and what they're working on. I never feel like my work is meaningless, and there's always things to do in terms of market research and strategy that can bring value to the client. I'm definitely feeling that agency vibe, too.
5. What do you hope to do after completing your internship and graduating from college?I would love to pursue a position in Account Management or Strategy in an agency or in in-house marketing. After a few years, it would be sweet to tackle a start-up with my buddies, or get an MBA.
6. Tell us something interesting about yourself?I love to beatbox. I unwillingly spit while doing it, so my friends hate it since they get caught in the line of fire. Andrew is eager to learn and already an asset to our team....But, what we really want to know is if Andrew can beatbox and dance at the same time!?
More from the
Digital Operative Announces Strategic Partnership with 85SIX...
News & Press / September 4, 2019View Blog Post
Amazon Offensive and Defensive Advertising Strategies
Amazon / April 24, 2019View Blog Post
Cloud-Based ERP Tools: The Emerging Competitive Differentiat...
Ecommerce / March 27, 2019View Blog Post
Is Amazon Breaking Up With You? Calling All Vendors.
Amazon / March 10, 2019View Blog Post