1. Where do you go to School? What is your Major? When do you plan on graduating?I am a current aztec warrior at San Diego State University (GO AZTECS!). I am majoring in Business with a concentration in Marketing. I graduate in May 2015, something I’ve been looking forward to all my life!
2. How did you hear about Digital Operative?Nikki and Steven gave an awesome presentation about DO this summer in my marketing class that really caught my attention. Steven also wore this innovative camera that was strapped to him capturing pictures of us all...everyone was paying attention! But in all seriousness, they gave an interesting presentation about DO and the open environment that I knew I wanted to be a part of. Not to mention the dog friendly environment!
3. What do you hope to learn from your internship?I’m thrilled to finally get some hands on experience, I hope to learn all about social media marketing, of course, but also the numbers behind marketing. Statistics play a huge role in marketing and I would love to get a solid understanding of Google Analytics. I'm also very interested in learning about SEO, content writing for marketing, all the databases that power DO, and market research.
4. 1 week down - 11 to go......How do you feel after your first week of interning?One week down, and I am ready for the challenge! I’ve been given a few responsibilities to start off with and I am eager to see what’s in store for the rest of my internship. I’m really excited to be shadowing Nikki and having her as my mentor through this fun learning experience.
5. What do you hope to do after completing your internship and graduating from college?Once I graduate, I hope to score a marketing position with a tech company in the Bay Area. When I have a solid position I definitely plan on going back to school to pursue an MBA or a Masters in Psychology/Sociology.
6. Tell us something interesting about yourself?I took off to London by myself two years ago. My parents almost had a heart attack but it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. “Life is short and World is wide. Go.” Alyssa is our new agency marketing intern - we are beyond excited to have her. She is so eager to learn and has an infections smile. Welcome to the team Alyssa!
More from the
Advice in Challenging Times
Ecommerce / May 19, 2020View Blog Post
Choosing the Right Ecommerce Agency for your Brand
Design / April 27, 2020View Blog Post
Content Strategy in a Covid19 headline dominated world
Digital Marketing / April 6, 2020View Blog Post
Uncover your CRO potential | Self Assessment
Strategy & Planning / March 31, 2020View Blog Post