- USAToday - 'Mobilegeddon' could be bad news for 40% of top websites - link
- USAToday - 5 things to know about 'Mobilegeddon' - link
- CNN Money - Google's 'Mobilegeddon' - 5 Fast Facts - link
- WSJ - Google’s `Mobilegeddon’ Could Affect Major Companies - link
- SearchEngineLand - Mobilegeddon Is Today: Here’s How It’s Going With Rollout Of Google’s Mobile Friendly Update - link
- Google (OFFICIAL) - Rolling out the mobile-friendly update - link
- It's not a penalty, it's all about prioritization - Google says, "We’re boosting the ranking of mobile-friendly pages on mobile search results." That means your competitors' mobile-friendly websites will get a lift in organic search results over yours.
- It's a global application - Google states, "Affects search results in all languages globally." That means those often neglected distributor websites or localized microsites you setup to show a "perceived international presence" need some attention now.
- It's page-based so react iteratively if you have to - Google states, "Applies to individual pages, not entire websites." That could mean rolling out a responsive or mobile-friendly homepage since most of your traffic may end up there. You still have time as Google says it will take a few weeks to roll out.
- Test out your website's mobile-friendliness free - Google offers its own tool to help you here
- Get Responsive Web Design (RWD) Tips - Google offers a whole resource on where to start for converting that old website to the new and modern responsive web design methodology
More from the
Welcome our new HR Manager, Tamar Etminan!
Agency Life / August 13, 2018View Blog Post
Vanity URL’s & Why You Should Get Your Own Custom...
Digital Marketing / August 12, 2018View Blog Post
How Brands are Incorporating VR to Boost Customer Experience
Digital Marketing / August 8, 2018View Blog Post
Welcome Debbie Filla, our newest Senior eCommerce Account Ma...
Agency Life / July 25, 2018View Blog Post