When set up correctly, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising has the power to quickly drive traffic and increase conversions for ecommerce merchants pursuing growth and exposure online. Because of this opportunity for a quick return on investment (ROI), it is critical to closely monitor campaigns and make continuous optimizations to ensure that marketing dollars are being put to good use.
Whether you’re a PPC expert or a beginner, it’s always a good idea to review best practices from time-to-time to make sure you haven’t forgotten any of the basics. After all, the simple things you learned when you first started managing paid search may be what drives the most success and ROI.
We've compiled our top seven tips for paid search professionals, including:
- Structure your campaigns like the structure of product categories on your website (more or less).
- Advertise to a single product's landing page, when possible.
- Keywords intended to drive ROI should be specific and long-tail, while brand awareness keywords should be more general and broad.
- Check your search query report!!!
- Write ad copy that converts.
- Use website behavior to your advantage.
- Depending on your goals, optimize ads and keywords around click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, and cost per acquisition (CPA).
For the seasoned paid search professional, this should be a rather quick skim; although, I would always recommend that PPC veterans take a good hard look at their optimization habits and be honest with themselves about how diligent they’re being.
Download our full white paper to get an in-depth analysis of each tip, including suggestions and examples. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but instead a summary of some of the most important and trustworthy strategies we've relied on over our years as paid search specialists. Enjoy!
Download White Paper:
More from the
Welcome our new HR Manager, Tamar Etminan!
Agency Life / August 13, 2018View Blog Post
Vanity URL’s & Why You Should Get Your Own Custom...
Digital Marketing / August 12, 2018View Blog Post
How Brands are Incorporating VR to Boost Customer Experience
Digital Marketing / August 8, 2018View Blog Post
Welcome Debbie Filla, our newest Senior eCommerce Account Ma...
Agency Life / July 25, 2018View Blog Post