Wow, what an adventure these 12 weeks have been being the design intern. It makes me sad that I have to leave, but all good things come to an end eventually. At least I know I can leave with an awesome new logo, and design for the site, Incubagency. It was a privilege and absolute honor to learn from the best (Brad & Evan) in creating a website from scratch into a final product. Everyone has been so helpful and the dart wars have been awesome.So long Margo, We'll miss you and your creativity. We know you're going to be an awesome designer and can't wait to see what you do after graduating!
1. Now that you’ve completed you internship – How would you define Digital Marketing?Digital Marketing to me is family. They work together, battle together, and create awesome work together. I am excited to see how they grow with their new office in Denver, CO. The role of the designer is crucial, they create a visual and usable product of what the client wants.
2. Who were your mentors at DO and how did you like working with them?Oh Brad and Evan have been awesome. Couldn’t have asked for some better mentors. I appreciate all they have taught me, given me tips, and some very helpful criticism about the work I have done at DO. They have helped me the most in my growth as a designer. (Of course everyone else who allowed me help with projects, a big thanks to them too!)
3. What did you learn from your internship?That your original idea never sticks. Working on the Incubagency site has taught me that as the weeks progress so does the work. Looking back there are a lot of steps that have to be taken before you get a final project. Also buy a dart gun, it will save your life. (or a cross bow)
4. Do you still want to go down the same career path? Why/Why not?Yes, being here at DO has even strengthened my drive going into the design field. I loved being able to create a large project and seeing the process and growth.
5. Would you recommend the internship program to your classmates?Yes, I would tell any of my classmates to join the internship program. I think DO offers the best experience and opportunity for a someone to grow and get the inside scoop. I mean, I wish I could stay..
6. What were a few of your favorite memories while interning for DO?Some of my favorite memories would include my weekly meetings for the Incubagency site, hanging out with my fellow interns James and Andrew, and working with Brad and Evan. I have really enjoyed my time here at DO.
7. You’re finished……Now what?Completing my internship here at DO makes me feel accomplished but sad. I am so use to coming into the office and seeing everyone. But I know I have grown, and I have DO to thank for that. I am so excited to graduate in August and start getting paid for the work that I do. I most definitely I want to go down the same path. I can’t wait to graduate and really get started. Being in the atmosphere I know what I want to do, and I am so excited.
More from the
Advice in Challenging Times
Ecommerce / May 19, 2020View Blog Post
Choosing the Right Ecommerce Agency for your Brand
Design / April 27, 2020View Blog Post
Content Strategy in a Covid19 headline dominated world
Digital Marketing / April 6, 2020View Blog Post
Uncover your CRO potential | Self Assessment
Strategy & Planning / March 31, 2020View Blog Post