We are excited to introduce our most recent new hire, Nick Boyajian - our new Director of Development! Nick moved to San Diego just a couple of months ago from New York City, so he is still working on adjusting to the relaxed West Coast lifestyle. His background is in computing, tech operations, and support for custom enterprise software products, and he describes himself as a half tech/half artistic guy that mixes these skills together to make cool stuff. But seriously... he makes some pretty cool stuff. He nonchalantly told me that he makes DIY robots in his free time, and mentioned that he has been writing code and building computers since he was nine years old.
Nick has focused his career on building world-class technical support teams for some of the most innovative companies in the US, including Flatiron Health and Zocdoc. He also spent more than five years at Apple as a Mac Genius, so we are pretty confident in his abilities to direct our growing team of developers. At DO, Nick will be managing technical operations across all of our client projects, from resourcing, to project management, to quality control. It's probably needless to say at this point, but we are so excited to bring Nick onboard and welcome him to our team at DO!
Let's get to know Nick a little better with some rapid fire questions:
- Website you visit the most: I have an addiction to reddit.com/r/politics
- iPhone or Android: iPhone
- Favorite phone app: Apple Music
- If you could only visit one website for the rest of your life, what site would that be? Google! They have tons of cached content.
- Something you say frequently: “Interesting...”
- First thing you do when you get to the office: Read my email
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be: Director of Development at DO. Is this a trick question?
- How do you take your coffee: Not a huge coffee person, but a cappuccino is nice every once in awhile.
- Fun fact about yourself: I do sound design for cartoons!
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: Read a book on the beach.
- Cats or Dogs: I love cats, but I think I'm still a dog person.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night: "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness
- Do you have a nickname, what is it: ...Nick
- If you had an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be: Cars? I only own one (smart) car, but paid parking is a good business.
- What was your favorite childhood injury: I've never really hurt myself badly... all of my bones are still intact.
- Name the movie title for the story of your life: Oh Boy(ajian)
- Which store (online or brick and mortar) would you like to max out your credit card: sweetwater.com
- Can you play any instruments: Yep! Keys, strings, brass... I love playing music!
- What’s your favorite snack: Freeze dried strawberries